Courtesy of Embassy of Paraguay, Tokyo
- 2 tablespoons of table sugar
- 3 tablespoons of loose leaf yerba mate
- 1 litre of water
- In a saucepan, cook two tablespoons of table sugar for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
- After the sugar gets caramelized, pour 3 spoons of loose leaf yerba mate and mix quickly for max 1 minute, keeping the sugar from burning.
- Add the water and stir the mix until all the sugar is dissolved. Let the mix boil.
- After boiled, strain the tea and serve while it is still hot.
Discover other countries’ recipes