Recipes and photos courtesy of Embassy of Tunisia in Japan.
- 2 cups hot dried chillies
- 2 cups mild dried chillies
- 5 gloves garlic
- 2 tablespoon ground coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Soak dried chillies in hot water for 30 minutes. Drain. Remove stems and seeds.
- Using mortar and pestle or a food processor, combine chilli peppers, garlic, salt and olive oil. Blend.
- Add remaining spices and blend to form a smooth paste.
Edited by Rika Sakai & Robert Sakai-Irvine