Courtesy of Chef Victor Alonso Vázquez Campos, Embassy of Mexico, Tokyo.
Sopa de Fideo
Ingredients (serves 6):
- 200g of angel hair pasta (very thin noodles)
- 8 tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 l of water or chicken broth
- 1 bunch cilantro
- Corn oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Brown the noodles in a pan with hot oil, moving constantly so it doesn’t Once they are browned, make sure that any surplus oil is drained away.
- Blend the tomatoes, garlic and onion. Fry this mix in another pan with hot oil.
- When the tomato mixture is well cooked, add the water or chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the noodles and the cilantro tied with a hemp string. It should be a soupy consistency. If not, add some more water or chicken broth. Season to taste.