Courtesy of the Embassy of Afghanistan, Tokyo
Firni milk pudding
– 500 ml milk
– 2 tbsp corn flour or cornstarch
– 3 tbsp sugar
– tsp ground cardamom
– A dash of rose water
– 3-4 strands of saffron
– 4 tbsp of chopped pistachios or other nuts
1) Place the milk in a heavy-bottomed pan and whisk in the corn flour.
2) Add the remaining ingredients and bring gently to the boil with continued stirring.
3) Simmer gently and stir for 5 minutes before pouring into a large bowl or individual serving dishes.
4) Allow to cool before placing in the fridge to chill and set.
5) Sprinkle with chopped nuts before serving.
Edited by Rika Sakai & Robert Sakai-Irvine
Discover other countries’ recipes